All About Nails
- Always wear gloves when doing household chores to prevent lifting, staining, chipping and ensure longer life.
- Don't use nails to open tines, cans etc. as this can break them prematurely.
- When applying sunscreen or body lotions it can stain or change your nail colour, so always wipe over nails after application.
- Use cuticle oil regularly to keep skin around the nail nourished and prolong nail health.
- Pedicures work best when they are maintained every four to six weeks.
- Use acetone to remove nail enhancements and acetone free remover to remove nail polish.
- Do not pull off nail enhancements as it can damage natural nails, either book in to remove correctly or remove at home using acetone and buffing motions with a file.
- Please make us aware when booking an appointment if you'll require removal of either gel or acrylic enhancements as this will cost extra time and may impact on your allocated treatment time if we have to remove enhancements unexpectedly.
- If acrylics/gel break within one week then KAMM will fix it for free, after this time it is wear and tear.
All About Tan
- Exfoliate, moisturise and perform any hair removal treatments at least 24 hours before tan for the perfect base
- Don't wear deodorant or moisturiser (unless it's specifically for tan) to your tan appointment as the ingredients can oxidise the tan and turn it green
- Always wash hands an hour after application as tan tends to overdevelop on the hands
- For rapid tan, wash off after one hour for a light tan, two hours for a medium tan and three hours for a deep tan.
- For regular tan, wash off after 8 hours
- Always wear dark, loose clothing and sleep on dark bedding
- To prolong tan, use a moisturiser specifically for use with tan daily and exfoliate two to three times a week for a natural. even fade.
All About Facials
- Avoid coming to your facial with a lot of makeup on as all traces will need to be removed before the treatment can begin and this will impact on your treatment time
- Avoid using sunbeds and depilation treatments both before and after facial treatments for at least 24 hours
- Avoid tanning products and makeup for 12 hours after to prevent irritation.
All about Massage
- Drink plenty of water to encourage the removal of toxins
- Avoid operating heavy machinery, drinking alcohol and exercising for 12 hours after your treatment
- Please make us aware prior to treatment of any allergies, health concerns or pregnancy so we can adjust your treatment accordingly.
All About Makeup
- Avoid coming to your appointment time with a lot of makeup on as all traces will need to be removed before the treatment can begin and this will impact on your treatment time
- Remove makeup at the end of the night thoroughly to prevent irritation
All About Waxing
- Avoid body lotions and oils pre wax as this can counteract with the wax
- No perfumed products, sunbeds, swimming or heavy makeup for 12-24 hours
- Avoid wearing tight clothing for 12-24 hours
- Avoid sexual intercourse for 12-24 hours after intimate waxing
- Prevent ingrown hairs by exfoliating every three to four days
All About Lashes
- Glue test is required 24 hours before first treatment
- To remove lashes correctly, either a lash remover can be applied, or you can use Vaseline to break down the glue by applying with a cotton bud and leaving on the lashes for up to 30 minutes. Lashes are ready when they pull gently away without tugging or pulling the natural lashes. DO NOT pull lashes off without proper preparation as this can cause natural lashes to come away with them.
- Please let us know if you require a removal before having a new set of party lashes as this takes extra time and may impact on your treatment time if we are not notified in advance.
All About Tinting
- Swimming and UV exposure can reduce tint life, to avoid use a barrier cream
- Tint test is required 24 hours before first treatment